Search

xiaomu Post time 2016-12-13 14:08:25 |
big news.jpg
We are glad to announce that our firmware update is available online now.

MU Firmware Update.jpg
If you would like to update your MU's firmware, please visit http://mu.morpx.com/firmware/. You will need the SN which can be found on the bottom of the original MU package. If you lost the package or you want to get the firmware update for your MU PCB, please follow the SN retrieval guide (http://mu.morpx.com/data/firmware/SN_Retrieval.pdf) to find the SN.
Currently we offer three types of firmware as follows:

MU通用型.jpg
1)  MU General provides No Toy mode, EV3 Greeting Bot, EV3 Snake (short press), Power Functions Ball Grabber, Hexbug Spider (short press: ball / line / human), Hexbug Fire Ant (short press: ball / line / human), EV3 vision sensor mode

乐高固件.jpg
2)  MULego provides No Toy mode, EV3 vision sensor mode (short press: face / human / ball), EV3 Greeting Bot, EV3 Snake , Power Functions Self-Driving Car (short press: medium / fast ), Ball Grabber, Soccer Bot, Spider Droid

赫宝固件.jpg
3)  MUHexbug provides No Toy mode, Hexbug Spider (short press: ball / line / human), Hexbug Battle Spider Version 1 (short press: ball / line / human), Hexbug Tarantula (short press: ball / line / human), Hexbug Fire Ant (short press: ball / line / human)

Please select the type first, and enter your SN, and then you will be able to download the firmware (a zip file). Please follow the firmware installation guide (http://mu.morpx.com/data/firmware/MU_Firmware_Upgrading.pdf) to upgrade your MU’s firmware. We will keep adding more types of firmware. Feel free to contact us at support@morpx.com or post your questions or comments on our forum (forum.morpx.com).

Use magic Report

Munsie Post time 2017-01-23 07:00:13 |
Thanks for providing updated firmware and the detailed upgrading instructions. I have read through them and am willing to give this a go. However, I hope you don't mind me saying that the firmware upgrade procedure is not for the faint-hearted. At the end of the document there is a paragraph that could cause further alarm:

In a standard MU package, a rechargeable battery is connected to the power port at the bottom of its PCB and a USB port is available at the back of MU for charging...... Please note that YOU SHOULD USE ONE POWER SUPPLY ONLY and DO NOT USE BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME. If not, the power from the USB port will be used to charge the bottom power port and probably damage your battery, even cause safety concerns. Even if you have a 3.7V rechargeable Li-ion Battery, that DOES NOT means you can charge it through the USB port. ESPECIALLY when you upgrade your firmware via the USB port, please disconnect the power supply of the bottom power port.

So the question for a normal user is: "Can I safely upgrade the firmware with the standard 3.7V LiPo battery that comes with Mu or should I disconnect it for safety reasons?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Munsie Post time 2017-01-27 23:19:04 |
Just a follow-up: yes you can upload firmware with the standard 3.7V LiPo battery connected.

I like the new firmware. It is nice to have different firmware types for different applications. So if you know in advance that you are only going to use it for EV3 and not Hexbug then there is a special EV3 firmware to download. The new firmware itself seems to make better use of the Mu's colour LEDs: a Mode button press gives quick yellow light flash feedback and the modes have different light colours. Maybe you could provide a change log?

How many people have their upgraded already? Any experiences you wish to share? Was the upgrade worth it?

Use magic Report

Author| xiaomu Post time 2017-02-11 14:39:05 |
Hi, Munsie, thanks for updating your MU firmware. Yes you can update firmware with the LiPo battery come with MU plugged in. The warning message is for people who choose to power MU board using other NON-rechargeable sources, such as alkaline batteries. Since MU's built-in charging circuitry will try to charge the battery when USB are connected, doing that might cause un-intended consequences. It is totally fine when a LiPo battery is connected.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

xiaomu

Threads

Credits
FORUM NAVIGATION
Copyright © 2017 Morpx All rights reserved 浙ICP备14027877号
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list