Search

[PRODUCT REVIEWS] Simple automatic laser turret project

Multra Post time 2017-04-19 11:28:17 |
After my first review article of MU, I decided to use MU to make an automatic laser turret which combines MU’s recognition function with the usage of a laser head, simulating the weapons such as automatic defense turret in the movies. The materials needed are: a MU module, an Arduino UNO board, a 2-DOF FPV gimbal, a MG90 servo, a 0.96 inch OLED screen, a laser head module, a buzzer, a small ball, a relay, a 5V power source and a paper box(3cm*7cm*14cm).A glue gun is needed to splice the modules.

090319bagzwk2gvaw1avra.jpg
The design sketch
The real model that I made.

090319l9zr9r08xuuqpsrs.jpg
The hardware connection graph.

The final effect demonstrated in video - laser turret based on MU+UNO -recognizing spherical objects.

The demonstration of MU image detection-based on MU+UNO simple laser turret-recoginzing spherical objects.

The connection between UNO and OLED screen
D8--------CS
D9--------DC
D10------RES
D11-------D1
D12--------D0

The connection between UNO and MU
RX--------------TX
VCC--------------  +
GND-------------  -

The connection between UNO and servos
D5--------- X1
D6----------Y1

The connection between UNO and buzzer
D2-----------OUT

The connection between UNO and the laser head
D3-----------LaserGUN
090319ghhmwbbn1hwgw811.jpg

Install servos to FPV gimbal to test the running effect. I can use Library files to test and observe servo’s running condition.

090319o9m3yz0tgugprblt.jpg
Connect the laser head. Because of the large driving current, I used a relay directly to control it for convenience. Other ways could be used to control it as well.

090319iylifss0lirfif07.jpg
Fristly unfold the paper box,and use the glue gun to stick MU to the paper box.

090512i2t442gc2vxbmh12.jpg
Fold the box.

090512l2k1949qnwz11pt1.jpg
Then glue the gimbal and box together.

090319ucmw3q3umlqwyhy1.jpg
In the code, offset of x and y axis should be modified based on various situation.

Reference code
https://github.com/vincen20/MU_UNO_LaserGUN

In the code, high-order of detection score is available to be modified to reach a more stable recognition effect. More improvements can be made for the program: for example, when process the detected data to, determine the target’, the code is not accurate because MU’s servo port function is not in effect and can only be used as reference.

After testing, I find that.
1.MU can detect the objective which is within short distance;
2.The detected data needs for a second processing;
3.The camera is easily effected by light and may need a shade;
4. MU can only detect the panel data. If add distance measurement function, it can expand the data from two-dimensional effects to Three-dimensional effects by sensing the distance between detected object and itself.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Multra

Threads

Credits
FORUM NAVIGATION
Copyright © 2017 Morpx All rights reserved 浙ICP备14027877号
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list